LAST MINUTE TIPS AND TRICKS FOR AWESOMENESS
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the ranch. Just want to share some last minute tips so you can be prepared. Let us know if you have any questions!
- When you get to the ranch, stop to check in and pay the day use fee for Flat Creek
- Bring cash or check
- $10 per person over 10 years old -- even registered riders (this fee goes to the ranch and is separate from the registration fee)
- $10 per kiddo riding the skills course, regardless of age
- $5 fee for riders that aren't racing
- Bring lots of drinking water. It will be hot. Potable water is not reliable.
- As of June 14th, there is no burn ban in Hays County.
- No food available Friday
- No dinner available on Saturday
- Tacos provided by Taconmaye:
- Bring cash
- Will be available Saturday @ 8am and 12pm.
- Otherwise, pack food in for yourselves.
- Or, if you want to escape for lunch or dinner, Dripping Springs is 20 min away.
- "The Pavillion": The pavillion area is just past the entrance and will be an area where families and spectators can gather, meet, enjoy community, let kids play. We will have a cabin available during the race hours 9-12 for kitchen, bathroom, air-conditioning relief. This will be the spot where the golf cart will circle in and shuttle folks around. If you have a youngun that might need a nap, talk to us and we could probably find a quiet spot.
- Racers: Check in and get your chips on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. We will likely be set up at the pavillion on Friday and the front gate on Saturday morning. Chips will be turned in at the pavillion.
- Most folks don't have cell service at the ranch
- If you are taking Fitzhugh Rd, approaching from the east:
- Beware of road cyclists. [ A little thing I hope will catch on: If I see a cyclist riding the opposite direction, I flash my hazards at the next car coming the opposite direction to try to wake up their brain. Try it. Or don't.
- There is a single lane low water crossing here. It always has water on it. Just go slowly.
- The swimming hole where awards/after party will be held is great.
- Items that might be fun: a hammock, a beach umbrella, floats, a Frisbee, beach toys, a slack line, goggles, sunscreen, etc.
- Strongly recommend a PFD for kiddos. The water is cool and clear, but gets cloudy once a bunch of folks hop in. We want kiddos to be safe.
- Try to stick to cans of beer, rather than glass
- In general, treat the land respectfully, so we are welcome back next year.
6:30 - 8:30 Pre-ride
8:45 - 9:00 Rider's Meeting
9:00 - 12:00 Racing
12:00 - 6:30 Open Trails for Riding
9:00 - 1:00 Kid's Skills & Enduro
1:00 - 1:30 Awards
1:30 - 5:30 Swimming and Party
$50 Pre-Registration (https://www.bikereg.com/34871)
$60 Race Day Registration (Cash or Check Only)
$10 Land Use Fee per Person (does not apply to any kids under 10 not riding their bikes)
$10 Camping Fee (contact ranch for cabins or RV hookups)
FREE Kids stage and skills area (covered in Land Use Fee)
FREE Adult beverages
FREE Golf Cart Rides to spectating areas (for families of registered riders)
FREE Neutral mechanic support
BRING CASH FOR FOOD TRUCK AND TIPS for MECHANICS & BEER SERVERS